Bookkeeping/Finance Position – Wailuku
Our company is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly (both speaking and writing). The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker able to work collaboratively in an open office environment, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
- Prepare checks, payments and bank deposits and report financial results on a regular basis to management.
- Collect, analyze, and summarize account information and trends and generate monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Prepare and process payroll with an outside payroll service.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable
- Assist with annual budget preparation and help monitor budget goals and cash flow throughout the year
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records and record keeping
- Assist outside accountants with annual audit
- Coordination with registrar of all class enrollments and payments and proper entry of information into Quick Books and Total Info.
- Account for financial transactions by maintaining the chart of accounts: defining bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Maintain all accounts and general ledger by verifying, allocating, posting transactions, and reconciling entries.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices including proficiency in Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of data management and financial data analysis
- Bookkeeping certification or a degree in accounting, finance, or business and advantage.
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Information collection and monitoring
- Problem analysis
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
- Sense of humor a plus
Pay: $40 – $50k
Please apply with your resume!