Employers Options is currently seeking an experienced Service Worker (Laborer, Utility Person or Mechanic) to fill an opening with a well-known company located in Hilo and on Maui.
Requirements of the Service Worker position
- Mechanics need to be ASE Certified and have a CDL.
Responsibilities of the Service Worker position
- Directs and works on modifications to new and existing equipment to insure continuity of operations
- Does preventative maintenance, repairs, inspection, testing, and adjustments on equipment.
- Performs tasks of above average difficulty associated with the trade.
- Diagnoses failures and recommends corrective action to prevent reoccurrences.
- Maintain equipment such as engines, transmissions, clutches, frames, brakes, power take-offs, hydraulic jacks and pumps, other components or attachments, etc.
- Responsible for all safety matters.
- Responsible for preparation and clean-up of the job site.
- Plans and lays out procedures using blueprints, sketches, written and/or oral specifications and instructions.
- Inspects all finished jobs and issues completion and release orders.
- Works with area supervisor, master mechanic, senior mechanic, journey worker, or others in identifying problems. Plans, schedules, and procures materials and personnel to correct problems. Makes recommendations and suggestions concerning unusual or special work situations.
- Conducts on-the-job training of other personnel
- Must have complete set of tools required by trade. (hand and power tools, necessary to the trade)
- May be required to work in all areas of the company within this skill level. Performs emergency repairs on road or in field.
- Required to perform various types of welding associated with their work.
- May be required to perform other duties.
- Depends on experience and skills
- 7am to 3:30pm Monday to Friday
Interested? Apply to this job posting. Please send your resume to our email address. You may call our office at 808-877-6555. Our office hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday to Friday. We are located at 111 Hana Highway Suite 111 in Kahului.
Employers Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer.